Sunday, January 18, 2015

Movie Night

Was watching movies with them last night. A very self jio-ed night hahaha :)
We watched 2 movies at my tv lounge and both of the movies were quite similar. Watched till 2am plus and I guess my organs going to be black soon hahahaha..

The Giver (2014)
Cast : Jeff Bridges (The Giver), Meryl Streep (Chief Elder), Brenton Thwaites (Jonas), etc

So the movie tells the story of a perfect world, a world without love, hate, color, music and etc. Everyone here is happy. When Jonas is 18 years old, he's chosen to be the Receiver of Memories. The training with the Giver provide him the memories of "real world", a world with color, music, feeling, love which is hidden from the community. He realises that his community is fake and he then chose to release the truth to his community.


"They haven't eliminated murder. They just call it by a DIFFERENT NAME."

"Precision of words."

Comment : Not a bad movie, the underlying moral is quite nice. Quite mind-blown cause it was my first time to get in touch with such topics. But I don't feel much connected to the storyline though. I think I might want to read the book first haha :) And I heard my friend says that "Divergent" is better hahaha :D Time for another movie, I guess?

 
The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
Cast : Matt Damon (David Norris), Emily Blunt (Elise), etc.

So do we control our destiny or do unseen forces manipulate us? The ambitious politician David Norries meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise and realised he's falling for her. But mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. He learns that he is up against the agents of fate - the men of the Adjustment Bureau. To let her go and accept the predetermined path or risk everything to defy fate?

"Most people live life on the path we set for them, too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along who knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realise freewill is a gift that you will never know how to use until you fight for it. I think that's the chairman's real plan. That maybe on day, we won't write the plan, you will."

"Being early is just as bad as being late."

Comment : Another cool movie but pretty same genre with the previous movie, which is about the world that we don't really know. It's funnier and more exciting compared to the previous movie and I prefer this over that one hahaha :D

That's all for now and upcoming one : My birthday 2015 :D 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment