Friday, February 21, 2014

ICTF 2014

Well, actually I shouldn't be at here at this moment.
2 tests and 1 assignment approaching and due next week. And I am seriously unprepared till now.
But the ohm for me to blog is here, so hehehe =D Let me slack for a while more =P

So me just ended the biggest event as MSA cultural secretary with my 2 partners few days ago - the International Cultural Travel Fair (ICTF).
Started our preparation for this event since last semester. However, most of the preparations were still dragged until this semester. We are all unproductive till the last minutes, ain't we?

The theme for ICTF 2014 was FaNTUsy.
We were told to prepare materials related to the legendary stories in our own country. Although at last most of us not following the theme =P

The poster done by the organizer - NTU Student Union

Passport of the day! For lucky draw =D

What we need to do as country representatives were just prepare performances and also showcase anything relating to our culture at a 2 days booth. It was a bit special for Malaysian cause beside MSA, we were having another Malaysian society called AMCISA from the independent high schools. So we basically shared our jobs equally unlike some representatives they got to do everything by themselves cause they only have a few of them from that country.

Some AMCISA members that helped out that day =D
Thank you very much!

Promotional video
Last year end, I was called to be involved in the promotional video with the representative from AMCISA. So I went and they taught us how to dance within an hour and they filmed after that for the promotional video. Until this moment, I dare not to watch the promotional video. Think so it's there in Youtube, but no, don't ever show me that hahahaha =D

Dealing with Tourism Malaysia
I am just not the suitable one to be appointed as the secretary cause I don't really know how to communicate through email. I am sorry if I am not using those very formal phrases. Thank you very much for willing to borrow us the items and offer help to us!
Went out purposely with 2 guys from NTU island to get the items borrowed from Tourism. So sorry that I lost my way there LOL =.= By the way, me wasn't in luck that day also cause I lost my Nets FlashPay card T_T At least SGD20 in that card. T_T
Got a lot of items from Tourism including clothes, traditional games, booklets and etc etc. All the things that we need to showcase at the booth (Y)

Setting up booth
This wasn't any hard task. Cause we just gathered everything we had and put them in a nice order then tadaaaaa, it was done! Although our booth didn't look really fancy and nice, but hey, we did put in some efforts =D
The biggest board compare to others. LOL

The kinda messy table LOL


Super patriotic us =D


We are forced to use real batu for display purpose =P

The Peranakan culture.



Booth duty
Purposely skipped my lecture on the first morning to ensure everything went smoothly. A really big thank you for those who contributed efforts on this event.
It was a great experience to meet friends from other countries and it provided us a great chance to take the initiative to talk with strangers. And most of them are friendly no matter where they are from!

Ya he won the lucky draw first prize during duty.

Cultural Night
So we had this Puteri Gunung Ledang sketch performance during the cultural night.
My first time being narrator and thank you for those who willing to help us for the sketch! Thank you very much!

  




All these lovely people, please accept my highest gratitude!

Conclusion
For me, the most challenging part was about the performances. Well, my first time got involved in a flash mob, first time being a sketch narrator. Those things that I thought I will never be involved in. But do thanks to those people who offered us help without any complains =D
Mission accomplished!

We are a big family here in NTU =)

Signing off as MSA Cultural Secretary 2013/2014

1 comment:

  1. wow!!!! great job lerr wanqi!! omg i din visit the booth, looks like there's a lot of effort there!! Thumbsup! :D

    ReplyDelete