Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hectic Week

So finally this hectic week came to an end =)
Thanks for all the tolerance given to my mistakes throughout the week =D

So how hectic was this week? Despite my studies and work, following indicates what happened =D

As a Earthlink CMO member, me having an event called Greening NTU from Monday till Thursday. 
Greening NTU aimed to encourage NTU population to be more environmental friendly by reduce solid waste. The campaign covered 4 main aspects, "Bring Your Own Bag" (My main focus) , "Double Sided Printing", "Ditch da Disposables" and "Tray Return Point".
(Photos credit to Greening NTU FB page)



I arranged my 3 hours duty on Wednesday. What we basically did was to attract people to our booth and let them read through those info we prepared entitled to join a lucky draw. Questionnaire had been prepared and they just need to answer the questions correctly.

Prizes of the lucky draw.

Well that's the basic duty but I had an hour duty at Giant, NTU. My job was to encourage Giant customers to bring their own bag. We gave out free recycle also =D
For me, this duty at Giant was much more easier and fun compare the duty at booth =P

---

As a Heritage member, we all were compulsory to take 4 hours duty at the Heritage Kampung Play event on Thursday and Friday.
Heritage Kampung Play aimed to bring and relief the spirit of Kampung among NTU community. Handcrafted and unique designed games exhibited help us to reminisce the good old time when we had no much technological-advanced devices.
(Photo credit to Kampung Play FB page.)

Ohya, we had our free ice cream from our boss, Tek Wui during the mass briefing before the event as a reward for the Welcome Bonding Camp. Thank you very much =D
Ignore the ugly me =.=

I had my duty on Thursday and Fri. What we had to do was only to take care the games booth. A total of 15 games were exhibited there but too bad me only manage to try a few only T_T
The big Mario exhibited.

Balancing Hook
The players take turn to hang their hook onto the bicycle wheel. Or one can simply try to place all the hooks onto the wheel without dropping it.
Anyway I won a prize from this game =P

Gone Fishing
Like it's name, just fish and achieve the targeted weight =D

Body focus
So players need to let the 3 marbles placed at the places like the one shown in the photo without touching the marble, I can't do it for even once T_T

Maze
Bring the marble through the maze and you win =D Challenge part is the time limit given!


Puzzle
Arrange all the 7 pieces of different shapes to form different shapes =D
Had a lot of fun when taking care this booth and I can make triangle and square without referring answer d =D

Focus
Player has to bring the marble from one side to the another side. Lots of focus needed =D

The Econs gang =D

---

As a Rotaract PD member, me went to the Photoshop Workshop on Saturday and Flag Day yesterday =D (Photo from Photoshop Workshop Event page)

We were the group in-charged that day so I reached there a lot more earlier compared to the others for the preparation.
My job that day basically was the coordinator for the 2 different venues =D
Kept in touch with the other coordinator at the other venue through FB to ensure the two tutor were teaching in the same speed.
Never know that things can be done using this way also. Hahaha =D
Learned a bit of Photoshop only cause me busy doing works throughout the workshop T_T

We went to the Flag day yesterday at Scape, Orchard.
Duty from 1 to 4pm =D
Asked a lot of people to help a good cause but my luck was not that good yesterday. But still there were kind people that help =D Thanks to those that helped!
Thanks to the 34 kind peoples that helped me =D

The free cap =D

The booklet that tell you about Rotaract.



We =D

We got a free ice cream yesterday also =D

My life is complete now - Tracy =P

Rushed back to NTU cause we had another hall event to go - The Octoberfeast. Thanks Daniel for the photos.
EAT, PLAY and HAVE FUN
Group 2 =D

Had a lot of fun yesterday night really. My first time ever to have Wasabi bread but people don't believe me eating that =(
Thanks to the organizer!

A big applause to everyone that contribute to everything in this week and again thanks for tolerating with me =P

With love,
WanQi

No comments:

Post a Comment